Engine is leaking fuel or oil

Mazpro83

Aug 29, 2015
I have an 02 blaster I just picked up for $300 it starts first kick and runs like a champ. Only problem is when I am done running it and it sits and puddle appears underneath the motor. It looks like the oil but when I smell it, it seems to be oil and fuel. Any ideas on what could be wrong. It's not a huge puddle normally either. Was a spot today the size of a paint can. Also motor has kind of a ticking sound. Not so much a knocking but doesn't seem normal. This is my first two stroke so I am not sure exactly how it should sound.

I was thinking shut off valve because I didn't shut it off earlier and then puddle appeared. Should I just spend a little bit of money and replace it or can it be cleaned?

there is a rubber seal in there that can be replaced
also the plate that has screws on it holding it there can get warped.
i replaced the seal and straightened the plate,not sure what fixed it the seal or fixing the warped plate:)
wont hurt anything to take it off and have a look...

or it is leaking out of your carb=floats are stuck/improper level drain screw is not tight or stripped

looks like this
pet weiner.jpg

Last edited:
I am thinking its the shut off valve. I shut it off tonight so I will see in the morning. I should assume it is the shut off valve if there is no puddle? Oil level is between the markings on the motor. You don't mix the gas and oil like other two strokes right? I haven't had to gas it up yet since I bought it.

if the oil injection is still there,then no....should be a tank in rear and lines going into oil pump then to carb.
if you are uncertain post pics.

if it is not present then 32:1 ratio of pre-mix:)

it is either dripping out of carb which it should not even with gas left on
or it is dripping out of pet c-ock attached to gas tank:)

I'll post some pics in the morning of the engine and the setup that's there. Thanks for your help

Assume it is a problem with the needle and seat also if it does not make a puddle with the petcock off.

If you leave the fuel turned on and a puddle appears, the petcock is not the problem, the carb needs maintaining.