dont no what to do

Dec 11, 2008
FL
today i went to the woods to go riding and i hit a mud hole to fast and i have no air box the bike shut off i pulled it home because the filter was wet when i got home i took it off but it would not start what should i do

start it tomarow...you prolly got water inside...jus stand the bike up...take off the oil cap and push the kick starter up and down and the water should come out

if you sucked up water i would clean your filter make sure its dry, make sure you have a bunch of plugs handy, turn the quad on its side and take the plug out and turn it over till most of the water is out .. and put a dry plug in and kick it over and if it dont smell like gas just keep swaping plugs till she starts .. i did that when i friend sucked up water when he got stuck in some water out on the trail ugh not fun lol ..

if you sucked up water i would clean your filter make sure its dry, make sure you have a bunch of plugs handy, turn the quad on its side and take the plug out and turn it over till most of the water is out .. and put a dry plug in and kick it over and if it dont smell like gas just keep swaping plugs till she starts .. i did that when i friend sucked up water when he got stuck in some water out on the trail ugh not fun lol ..

ya the spark plug...my bad not oil cap...wat the hell did i say oil plug for?? haha but 3 feet of water is a crap load...you must drive like a maniac ta try 3 feet of water...shouldnt ever go more then 1-2''

blasterboy settle down there big fella.

plop a new plug in there, change the tranny oil. new air filter and possibly clean the carb out to get the water out. did you stall it just because of to low rpms and didnt clutch or do you know if it took in water? 3" of water isnt much, id say you might be fine. might not even have to clean the carb.

also, 4 posts in 2 minuites straight is spamming so just keep it in 1 post. thanks.

That's how I blew up my last re build, 6 hours on my top end and I went through a bunch of water, sucked it in my filter and the cold water hitting the hot cylinder warped it slightly, it ran ok for about an hour after I got the water out and then it started knocking and yeah cylinder scratched up