Does FMF use pipe springs?

SMITTY

Oct 3, 2008
Connecticut
I bought an FMF FATTY pipe used and he used a hose clamp to seal expansion chamber to the head flange. Is this correct? There's a spring loop (1) on the expansion chamber, but none on the flange. Is this also correct or is something wrong here? This pipe does have very little use so should I still buy a relacement spring and o-ring kit. Also, do I need something for the connection for the powercore 2 silencer or does it use the stock setup. Thanks for any advise!!
p.s. .......I DO want to use THIS pipe!!=))

there should be a spring loop on the flange. but the one you have should work. just use some high temp slicone to seal it. you can order a flange from FMF buts its like $40.00. they sent me the wront one (one with out the spring loop). and you can use the stock clamp, but its not the best.

You can order a new flange from FMF as D. Jackson 12 said or if you have access to a welder, you can weld a high grade washer to the flange for the spring to connect. I have done this on my DG flange were the original hook broke off and works great and its also less expensive.

Weld one on, .....nice!! What material is the flange and what kind of washer should I get, just not zinc plated or stainless? Anything else I should know before welding this?

Weld one on, .....nice!! What material is the flange and what kind of washer should I get, just not zinc plated or stainless? Anything else I should know before welding this?

My DG flange is steel, not sure about the FMF but more than like its steel also. As for the washer get the smallest size just enough to hook the spring, just make sure the washer is not plated. The one I used was about 2mm thick and smaller than a dime. As soon as you weld it up make sure to hit it with some hi-temp paint. Then your good to go.I:I

if i understand you correctly their is a loop already for the spring? if so fmf does use a spring from the loop to the head it is approx 1 3/4" spring. use hi temp silicone between the flange and the inside of the pipe to seal it per fmf works pretty good but sometimes you will get a small leak. be verry liberal with the hi temp silicone and you should be fine!

if i understand you correctly their is a loop already for the spring? if so fmf does use a spring from the loop to the head it is approx 1 3/4" spring. use hi temp silicone between the flange and the inside of the pipe to seal it per fmf works pretty good but sometimes you will get a small leak. be verry liberal with the hi temp silicone and you should be fine!

right on bro, the spring hooks to headI:I

there should be a spring loop on the flange. but the one you have should work. just use some high temp slicone to seal it. you can order a flange from FMF buts its like $40.00. they sent me the wront one (one with out the spring loop). and you can use the stock clamp, but its not the best.
What do you guys mean using a clamp ? I have a flange but no spring loop. How could u use a clamp

There's a vertical post above the exhaust, between the fins. Hook a spring on there.