DIY grab handle 7 pics inside.

Hatchhonda19

Oct 19, 2008
i just took some left over flat stock steel i had from my DIY banshee brake setup and so tube i had laying around and made a grab handle. just drilled out some mounting holes and bolted it in.. then just put the tube in and tack welded it in.. then pulled it out and welded all the way around. ground downs the corners and painted it...

DSC_0156-2.jpg

DSC_0161-1.jpg

DSC_0163-1.jpg

DSC_0164-1.jpg

DSC_0165-1.jpg

DSC_0167.jpg

DSC_0166-1.jpg

you should make them. send them to me, i will powder coat them and we can sell em. good job man.

yea if i wasnt so lazy..lol this person P.Med me asking me to make him the brackets for the rear brake i made.i kinda don't want to do it but ill help him out.

coreyownz nice work.. i like the rebar

thx man we should go into business only rebar cause thats what we had lying around..

were doing the same kind of bar on my friends blaster now if i can find a round peice like that were good to go

the pieces i used were 8" long by 1 1/4 by 1/4 and the tube i used was 1".. its so easy to pick my bike up now.

i think some guy on ebay sells a wheelie bar grab handle.... i think your just going to snap your rear half of the frame off.

You know, I just did the same thing.
Looks like I made the same mistake as you too. I cut the left and right pieces the same length and my left side stuck out further. Doh! :(
Nothing the grinder couldn't fix. I also put a piece of flat stock in the corner for a flag mount.