changing reeds

2003BlasterNH

Jul 24, 2010
can somebody give me some info on how to change the reeds? i just ordered boyeson carbon fiber reeds for my blaster and i have no clue on how to put them on and im tired of paying people to do it for me lol.
Thanks in advance, Phil

can somebody give me some info on how to change the reeds? i just ordered boyeson carbon fiber reeds for my blaster and i have no clue on how to put them on and im tired of paying people to do it for me lol.
Thanks in advance, Phil

no problem man, take your carb off and remove the 4 intake bolts

take out the reed cage and intake

take the 4 screws out and get rid of old reeds

install new reeds and make SURE TO USE LOCKTITE ON THE SCREWS!!!!! nothing like a fat nasty reed cage screw in your motor to mess up your day..

clean up all gasket surfaces and reinstall using new gasket.

go out and enjoy your new reeds and the self satisfaction of doing it yourself I:I I:I B)

That depends. Do You mean substitute the gasket for gasket maker? Or use it on the gaskets?

I always use a little rtv on the intake gaskets

Thanks in advance, Phil

You have seen the light I:I. Either buy a Clymers Repair manual (20-30$) or find the download on here. Just think of the mods you will buy I:I with the money you don't give to the infamous mechanic Ben Dover :eek:X(

You have seen the light I:I. Either buy a Clymers Repair manual (20-30$) or find the download on here. Just think of the mods you will buy I:I with the money you don't give to the infamous mechanic Ben Dover :eek:X(

Is the the Ben Dover that employs Phil McCavity as head mechanic?:)