Chance to buy a 1988 blaster

07EigerRider

Feb 23, 2009
Austintown, OH
I have the chance to buy a 1988 blaster for $100. it needs piston and rings, some other motor work, brakes, and some misc work. What would it cost to get it running?

Well for a $100.00 probally a steal if the rest is in decent shape..
As for the motor.. I have not rebuilt but studied... depending on what you say motor work?? top end like 250-$300.... and it would be running.. how is the tranny? everything else there with it?

Yeah I would definetly go for it.. I am sure all the members around here could help fix that right up with spare parts too if you needed it!!

Good luck let us know if you pick it up!

Robert!

I got parts to help out,my builder will do the top end for 150 for ya.

E&N the people who will sponsor me got brake pads for 88-02 for the front and rear for 25 bucks.

Get it,just bring me with you so i can check it out since i know a bunch about blasters.

lol deals and deals must be nice.. Blasters blown up are at least $800 here lol..
must be nice!

Dang I just bought a 2003 blaster for $450 with a title here. All it needed was clutch adjusted and new carrier bearings at least thats what they said but it ended up needing a new carrier and bearings and I gotta split the cases to put new clutch push rods in it.

Dang I just bought a 2003 blaster for $450 with a title here. All it needed was clutch adjusted and new carrier bearings at least thats what they said but it ended up needing a new carrier and bearings and I gotta split the cases to put new clutch push rods in it.

but fer 450 that aint bad