chain for extended swingarm

R

rambo241

what size or kind of chain do i need for a 3" longer swingarm?

Well I just recently had this exact same question. I spoke to Kurt Diserio at Project Blaster and he sold me the DID Xring w/ 104 Links. Your gonna have to break the chain and fit to your swinger/sprocket, why would you wanna buy more than you need. Each link is approx. 1/2" length. Two sides to figure. +3" x 2 sides / .50 = 12 links ( stock link = 92 + 12 = 104 ) Voila!

Well I just recently had this exact same question. I spoke to Kurt Diserio at Project Blaster and he sold me the DID Xring w/ 104 Links. Your gonna have to break the chain and fit to your swinger/sprocket, why would you wanna buy more than you need. Each link is approx. 1/2" length. Two sides to figure. +3" x 2 sides / .50 = 12 links ( stock link = 92 + 12 = 104 ) Voila!

ah ha heres the answer

Just an update to this thread as I installed my +3 swinger and chain last night and the chain was almost perfect, I had to break two links out ( 102 total links on chain ) but I wouldnt have done it any other way! THANKS A BUNCH KURT!!

All so for those changing out old chains for new chains, to get the most life out of your new chain make sure to loosen all the top / bottom carrier bolts and both chain tensioners, then you can rotate the carrier as far forward ( bottom pivots back & forth ) place your chain, break it, assemble and adjust for minimum loss in this forward position, no when your chain starts stretching you have alot of room to adjust too...