CFM air box install.. ???

jus_me

Aug 8, 2012
N.Y
Hey guys with the CFM airbox. I need a favor please. I picked up a used one with no instructions and any pics I find online really don't show where I am supposed to cut or any mounting places. I remember reading many times about everyone tossing there mounting hardware in the scrap pile and making there own. Any pics and info would be much appreciated to where I should cut and any tips on mounting it.. Thanks in advance..

cut plastics

left side mount hole where oil tank supposed to go

right mount that wedges into frame rails

my left mount, 6" piece of aluminum flatstock, goes with grab bar mounts and a hole i drilled on box

Reactions: bummer981
Thanks Herp. I was also worried about the resi on the 400 rear shock being in the way but I see that's not a problem. So basically it kind of just sits wedged between the frame? and the oil tank bracket holds it too? By throwing the hardware out I thought it came with more because I remember everyone talking about making there own brackets..

Thats should hold it in place! I welded my own mounts on to mine. I have no pics though. I am not sure why cfm makes a great quality box and basically makes no mounts. Seems like a easy fix but they are yet to do it!