CARNAGE AT THE DUNES

oldskooolracer

Feb 16, 2008
FIRST, let me start by saying never let your freind work on your quad without
double checking his work..

dc8322c9.jpg

The trip started out with helping save a guy from a car fire on the highway.
He blew the motor and the oil was leaking onto the exhaust, he was just sitting in the car and didn't know it was burning,lol.
1205458084.jpg

1205457966.jpg

Other than that the drive was a non issue, got all set up late given the car fire and people not packing everything they needed,,, GO WALMART.

793ed6c6.jpg

not my pop-up i slept in the truck i just love the redneck look of it,lol.
53cfca2a.jpg

Always nice to have cool people next to you.
33538198.jpg

we were having fun
e6da4d6b.jpg

until i came off of a jump and my front left shock came up threw my fender and threw me off (not fun)
71708750.jpg

i got back to the station to get another bolt and to check everything else out
it bent the upper control arm and the spindle.

i bent the upper arm back and flipped the wheels out so i could still ride.
at first i was like OK i'm mad but i'm alive so i'm cool.

5fdc6c48.jpg

we were having fun in the back area and had been shooting threw the trails with new issues.

That was until we noticed some rain comming and and so did everyone else so we are all on a dead sprint to the gate, we are following a couple dune buggies and a bunch of other quads.

i'm in a dead sprint full bore all out running it whooping my buddy on the raptor 350 and a 90lb kid on his yz85 (which that little thing is quick and fun)
when the lower ball joint snapped and dug into the sand throwing me over and flipping it end over end.
36915784.jpg

The first flip it landed square in the middle of my back, (yes it hurt like hell)
This pushed me deeper into the sand, i would like to note i was told this by my freind on the 350 who was following me. His new nickname for me is BENDY,lol.

the second flip i rolled out of the way when it was coming down.

This cut my trip short since i didn't bring an extra front suspension with me and in the flipping it wasted me twist throttle.

all i got to ride was friday and i drovew back after breakfast on saturday.
I was supposed to be there until monday.

Reactions: Valhalla
what dunes did you go to? i live about 15 minutes away from the imperial dunes in southern CA. right on the mexico border. if you ever come that way, let me know and ill come ride with ya for the day and show you some of our local "secret" spots.

what dunes did you go to? i live about 15 minutes away from the imperial dunes in southern CA. right on the mexico border. if you ever come that way, let me know and ill come ride with ya for the day and show you some of our local "secret" spots.

GOD i wish i could ride in cali, those are the sh*t.

this is a 1500acre area in OKlahoma.