Brand New here, have big plans for my blaster!

I thought I read somewhere its like 130 inch-pounds maybe im mistaken.. I have the service manual I downloaded here.

ok so I guess I wanna start looking at parts. I believe I want to get a +2 swing arm(I assume +2 means 2 inches longer)

I want some new shocks, and some info on this banshee axle I read up people have swapped out. the banshee axle according to the posts I read increase width about 3" and I would guess are more durable. Does it really fit without any modification, even on an 04' blaster?

Any online sites other than ebay I can buy parts from?

I thought I read somewhere its like 130 inch-pounds maybe im mistaken.. I have the service manual I downloaded here.

ok so I guess I wanna start looking at parts. I believe I want to get a +2 swing arm(I assume +2 means 2 inches longer)

I want some new shocks, and some info on this banshee axle I read up people have swapped out. the banshee axle according to the posts I read increase width about 3" and I would guess are more durable. Does it really fit without any modification, even on an 04' blaster?

Any online sites other than ebay I can buy parts from?

nooo thats wayy to tight lmao. and yes a +2 equals 2 inches but ive heard that with that little added (2inches) you really cant notice it. im assuming thats why everyone get a +3 or +4. and i banshee axle will fit right in place just like a stocker in a 03 and newer blaster. idk about it being any more durable. but i think it adds 3 and 2/3 inch or something
and project blaster, rockymountainatv, just google it.

2011-05-22_16-10-50_445.jpg

2011-05-22_16-10-15_622.jpg

2011-05-22_16-09-50_115.jpg

2011-05-22_16-11-07_492.jpg

Here are pics of carb and reed valve

yeah dual stage reeds are nice , I have a set in mine as well . I would suggest +4 on the swingarm , Its the sweet spot for the blaster IMO , thats whats on mine as well . 400 ex rear shock is one of the best and least expensive rear shock upgrades you can do , and PM Ken Oconnor here to get a set of his 400 ex shock bushings that make mounting it to the blaster a snap . check out aftermarket a arms as well , My blaster has +3 +1 long travel a arms with honda 450R front shocks , she floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee !!! good luck , have fun and if you are currently dating or married , you should just dump her now . The Blaster will take her place.

Oh wow, that sounds like a good build. I feel like such a noob when it comes to this stuff!

How is the +4 swingarm when it comes to the front end lifting off the ground?

I've looked at some aftermarket A arms but they were really high in price not sure I want to put that much money into it. Are the +3 +1 numbers for the A arms also mean the number of inches extended over stock?

yes +3 means they make the blaster 3 inches wider per side and the +1 means they extend the center of the axle 1 inch forward Mine were 500 bucks , but look at it this way , you now have the ability to service the ball joints , and the overall handling is light years better . The stock a arms the ball joints arent serviceable , so eventually when they wear out you will need to find a complete new arm with a good ball joint in it . mine use replaceable heim joints , so if thy ever wear out , I just buy a new one for about 25 bucks .

yes sounds very possible i got front and rear black fenders used for 100 shipped and if you can get port work.

Aight sorry guys I've been out for awhile..

So I have the blaster completely in parts minus the motor. I found some scarring on the piston, and the cyl. wall, the oring is broke, and looks like a small chip in the top of the piston and this is all on the exhaust side, you can see if thru the exhaust port.

I will post pics asap.