Bling star chain and sprocket gaurd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cossey44

Jun 19, 2009
CA
attachment.php

If anyone is interested in fabbing this setup for a 2006 blaster I would be very interested. Please pm me with pricing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 334
Last edited by a moderator:
All that I see that Bling doing is collecting dirt, dust, mud, grass and other unwanted debris and destroying a good chain and sprockets, and a great possibility of a unprotceted case.

All that I see that Bling doing is collecting dirt, dust, mud, grass and other unwanted debris and destroying a good chain and sprockets, and a great possibility of a unprotceted case.

Is this not a "tried and tested" mod? I have seen this on other bikes in the past.

It looks nice but that's about the only real use I see for it. I would worry about it helping to trap a small stone in the chain. It just seems like it would be a lot easier for stuff to get trapped in the chain .

i had a older polaris trail blazer that had that style of guard but only on one side of the sprocket it worked great but i think the dual sided would collect everything.

How are things going to get trapped in between the two pieces? It will only allow in what will fit.I can understand grease trapping some dirt and sand in but it's not going to stop the chain from moving or cause any damage.If you clean and maintain your bike after every ride then there would be no issues.When we ride now how often in a days riding do you hit your sprocket and chain?I know I do many of times.The guard can only be better than the stock setup.IMO The bling factor is simple.If you were manufacturing this part wouldn't you put a simple polish on the aluminum to make it stand out?

Status
Not open for further replies.