Blaster wont Start?

99owned

Feb 21, 2013
Carb is clean, runs with a performance carb, but for some reason wont get fuel through the stock one. I've cleaned it thoroughly with B-12. Will start with Ether, so it's just not getting fuel. Bowl fills up, jets are clean passages, everything

what size pilot jet ? should be the stock 32.5
wheres the airscrew set at ?......1.5 turns out to start
did you run a small wire thru the jets while cleaning them ?

Done and done, Think I should go with a rebuild kit anyways? Just won't start :/. Could too much air cause it? I was trying to start it without the filter just to see if it would, Filter is trash, Have a new one on the way.

Could too much air cause it? I was trying to start it without the filter just to see if it would, Filter is trash, Have a new one on the way.

ding ding ding, you may have found the answerI:I

Berrymans is what I use. Did you take it comepletely apart? Pilot jet? It has a tiny hole. Emulsion/needle jet tube? It has several tiny holes. I like to blow (and feel) the air both ways of all passages in the carb. Does it start with ether, or just fire a couple times on the ether? Did you set float level? You sure gas is getting into carb?

Would the choke circuit really cause a no start? And it fires with ether, doesn't keep running. No, I didn't set float height.

Reactions: Blaaster
Would the choke circuit really cause a no start? And it fires with ether, doesn't keep running. No, I didn't set float height.

That is what a fuel enrichment gizmo is supposed to do! It aids in starting.

If the float is not set correctly it can cause poor starting.

Lay off the starting fluid or Ether, it contains no lubrication. It is almost as bad a putting gas in the spark plug hole.

Use a squirt bottle to atomise some premix intsead of starting fluid or you will be looking at a rebuild.

It is a must to put a little oil into the motor through the intake.

Also without the filter you will be getting a rather too lean mix, which would hinder the motor starting.

Give the carb another clean, paying particular attention to the fine holes in the jets, and make sure the fuel enrichment circuit is clear of crap.

Set the float to the correct level, put the air cleaner on and try again.

PS. Has the motor ever been leak tested?

Last edited:
It's Fixed! It was indeed the choke circuit, went through that with some B-12 and compressed air and BAM! Fired right up after putting it back on the bike. Thank you so very much! It runs so good now, It doesn't want to quit anymore! :D

Reactions: Larry's Shee