Blaster to YFZ project finished! PICS

metroyouth

Dec 12, 2008
Bought a 500 dollar 2001 blaster during the winter and knew nothing about it except that it was torn apart. From this site i learned mods and ideas and transformed it to what i want.

so far i have put on

-dg head pipe
-fmf silencer
-full hand guards
-all new rubbers
-powdercoated rims
-painted frame gunmetal grey
-put on yfz450 plastics
-wiscoe top end rebuild w/ new gaskets
-modified air box
-boysen power reeds
-hydraulic brake setup

and now looks like this:

064.jpg

065.jpg

066.jpg

067.jpg

Reactions: chrisroberts916
I have the shrouds cut to fit already, just deciding if i like them right now. Tank cover; well i might just put on a blue blaster one that i have in perfect condition, or i might try to cut up the yfz one i have and make it fit. Right now i have my crappy one on b/c i was on a trip and didnt want to trash my good one.

as for closeups, what do want pics of ill get em. I was assuming the hydro setup but idk.

Looks good, is your front left tire mounted backwards? How much cutting did you do to the plastics? Thats what close-ups I'd like to see. Airbox, is it the stock YFZ?

Cool dog!

I have the shrouds cut to fit already, just deciding if i like them right now. Tank cover; well i might just put on a blue blaster one that i have in perfect condition, or i might try to cut up the yfz one i have and make it fit. Right now i have my crappy one on b/c i was on a trip and didnt want to trash my good one.

as for closeups, what do want pics of ill get em. I was assuming the hydro setup but idk.

Just random shots. The plastics and how they were cut, the front and ass end and then just some different angle I:I