blaster has no power

BlasterKX

Jul 23, 2008
Chillicothe IL.
ok i traded my blaster and i get a call today from the guy and he said that it doesnt have any power the powerband is real short and it wont bring the front wheels up. before i traded him the thing would wheelie alll the time. is elevation is 500 feet higher then mine and the only thing i can think about is the jetting or maybe tors?? lmk what you all think thanks

ok i traded my blaster and i get a call today from the guy and he said that it doesnt have any power the powerband is real short and it wont bring the front wheels up. before i traded him the thing would wheelie alll the time. is elevation is 500 feet higher then mine and the only thing i can think about is the jetting or maybe tors?? lmk what you all think thanks

A 500' difference in elevation is unlikely the reason. I wonder what he did to the Blaster. Is he using good quality fuel and oil? did he make any changes to the quad? is he using the right premix or did the oil injection go bad? The only way that a 500' difference would be a concern is if you already had marginal jetting and/or there is a significant temperature differnece where he lives. Otherwise it would have to be a mechanical or maintenance issue. We might need more information on this one :-/

i think that the 330 main is to big and now since its at a higher elevation then it is waaay to rich. i never messsed with it becasue it ran good as is. and i think he still has the same gas i left in there. oil injection is long gone on it

i think that the 330 main is to big and now since its at a higher elevation then it is waaay to rich. i never messsed with it becasue it ran good as is. and i think he still has the same gas i left in there. oil injection is long gone on it

That is what I was thinking as it sounds like it is too rich on to and it is limiting the abilitiy of the engine to produce power. This would also happen if the guy decided to run a leaner premix ratio like 50:1 as this would put more gas in the cylinder and richen the mixture. He might want to try a plug shop to see where the fuel mixture is and then go down a size if needed and do another plug shop.