Bike wont start

J

joeblaster

1 have a 93 blaster i kick and kick and kick and nothing and kicking it over doesnt feel like there is much compression the seal on the shifter is gone so crankcase wont hold oil. But here is the weird thing drag it behind my truck 10 15 feet pop the cluch runs idles away and starts first kick after that? what gives?:">

easy to understand when dragging with your truck you make the motor turn faster than kick start it,and it start fine after all cause the ring have better seal since the motor have started before so my gess is not much compression left in thats motor!!

Yup real good sign/indicator the rings are shot.

Drop the exhaust pipe, pull the spark plug and rotate slowly, I bet you find that the piston looks blackened and a little smeared around the rings in that area.

A

Drop the exhaust pipe, pull the spark plug and rotate slowly, I bet you find that the piston looks blackened and a little smeared around the rings in that area.

A
great idea if you dont have acces to a compression gage but if you have a compression gage you should be in between 110 and 150 psi with 10 kick of the crank with the trothle wide open,if you are lower than 110 psi just drope a little bite of 2 stroke oil in the sparkplug hole and do the compression check again if it gose higher than your ring are done!!easy as 123...I:I
p.s. never do a compression test with a cold motor , the motor should always be warm not hot or cold!!

Last edited:
can i do just rings or does the piston need doing aswell it was supposedly bored out

did a cold compression test 10 kicks throttle open 80 psi

thanks alot its been bored will the size be stamped on the piston?

update !!! I cleaned the carb and with my 80 psi cold compression i pull the choke no gas and 2 kicks starts everytime now the screw on the carb was out 2and 1/2 turns i set it to 1 and 1/2 thats all i did and bingo she starts!!!

Runs nice!!!
Nannys60th041.jpg