BIGGGG flood in IOWA

tjsdaname

Oct 17, 2007
IA
here are some pics by my house of the flood

this is the river in the far background....
and a corn field in the front
100_0552.jpg

the street
100_0555.jpg

this is normally a corn field
100_0560.jpg

a fridge floating down the street
100_0561.jpg

corn field again
100_0565.jpg

and my friends house in the background
floodbg.jpg

this is not even the worst of it....... downtown cedar rapids is 31.9 feet deep...
and 4 people have died in the water.....
1 bridge has collapsed
7 levies have broke

all of the bridges downtown are under water....

:(

I am one of the lucky ones... I live on a hill that the river would have to raise about 60 more feet.....

that is no laughing matter right there, I still feel sorry for the residents of that town even tho I live canada, but Its so devastating to see that happen...

but it sounds like you are pretty much surrounded by water up on the high ground, am I right?

that is no laughing matter right there, I still feel sorry for the residents of that town even tho I live canada, but Its so devastating to see that happen...

but it sounds like you are pretty much surrounded by water up on the high ground, am I right?

pretty much..... we are almost surrounded by all sides there's only one road out for us....

so its gonna pretty much be a ghost town until the flood waters receed?

like everything has totally shut down and all that....?

WOW....must be damn quiet now too!!!, other than you trying to hydro-plane across a puddle with your blaster........doesnt work by the way

Wow, thats terrible. You lucky your the king of the hill!

sweet. time to bust out the old 4x4 and test out the new mud holes!

srsly though that must suck for the people that got there houses messed up.

holy sh*t man that sucks we had a flood last year but i live on high ground too so wasn't too effected.

get out the blaster and go for a ride where its not too flooded and get a vid of it

holy sh*t man that sucks we had a flood last year but i live on high ground too so wasn't too effected.

get out the blaster and go for a ride where its not too flooded and get a vid of it

I wish I could but there are cop's everywhere waiting for us.....

lols thats good. just make sure u have a helmet and tell them your making a video and be like f*ck u biotch my house is all messed up the least u could do is let me record this chaos.

I feel for you man im in MO my sister's house is on stilts and she was boating to and from her house but now the water is up so high its in her house. My dad was shipped out yesterday by FEMA to go to Iowa. He was also flown down to New Orleans for Katrina to help out with that disaster. I hope it gets better for you!