bigger carb help

bag0b0nez

Aug 19, 2008
egg harbor township, new jersey
ok so with the bigger carb i have a 33 pwk. i know i have to mod the intake boots. the front one by the engine with a dremel but i dont know what to do to the back where the air filter is. i dont wanna buy a kit so dont be like o ebay has this or vitos has that. im talkin home depot and lowes hahaha

I don't know if it will work but I am going to try on mine when I get a bigger carb.I am going to heat it up nice and hot with a blowdryer and try to strech it over the carb.Keep on the carb till it cools.( The tub.Not the carb)

Basic Home Depot big carb mod.

intakepartstext.jpg

Finishedboottext.jpg

This Blaster has this mod. Recommend putting the lid on for this kind of abuse

Last edited by a moderator:
bag, did you already run this carb, or is your sig really that outdated??

man i'd hate to clean that blaster from that video. good muddin' tho

what are the materials though? people show me pictures i wanna know how u did it. tell me ur ways.

Measure your carb. Go to Lowes/Home Depot/Hardware store. Choose rubber coupler (comes with 2 big hose clamps) that fits your carb. Get a PVC sleeve that fits in the rubber coupler. Get another big hose clamp. Pay the cashier. Go home and put it together. :)
Course there's better ways ta do it but someone else can tell ya bout that.

good idea otis, but i'll explain a little better
just take the carb with you, go to the plumbing section and tell the worker you need a "fernco fitting" to fit the back of it, then a piece of 1 1/2" pvc pipe to go into the stock boot, and a hose clamp to fit the rear, when you get home cut the stock boot a little at a time till the pvc fits into it, mount it all up loosely and measure how long the pvc needs to be, cut to length and re-install everything tight

i fit a 34 in my stock intake boot and it fits snug but its not to bad to put it in. try getting it in before you dremel it so you can keep it as tight as possible.