Best year of Honda 250r?

88-89 is the besy usally the newer the better but theres really no diffrence in the 86-87 I think there was alittle change they made to the crank which add like 5hp not sure thats what I heard

88-89 is the besy usally the newer the better but theres really no diffrence in the 86-87 I think there was alittle change they made to the crank which add like 5hp not sure thats what I heard

correct, any year trx 250r is a good buy, hell if you really wanna go fast get a85-86 atc 250r I:I

when you get a 250r.. check out the lrd 350 bg bore power valve set up and lrd big bore pipe

My buddy had one 12 years ago when they wasnt collector items....wasnt a trike /quad around that we rode with that had him on the snap....top speed sucked...tires...lol When I had a 350x I had him in a half mile easy but he would kick dirt/gravel in my face every drag....lol...no sh*t

Thinking about getting one when I get the money... Whats the best year to get, and how much more reliable are they than blasters? Thanks.I:I

I ride with a guy who has one and it is sick----and fricken LOUD! It is a big bore 330 and handles like a dream. On theHonda forums they suggest only going to a 310 as it is more reliable and less finicky. As far as reliability, I think that the Blaster probably has it as well as any other 2-stroke sport quad beat handsdown. Where it gets interesting is when you build a Blaster to have the power of a 250r then it is not going to be as reliable as the stock 250r. Blaster's are just so simple- like my old Volkswagen. Drive it like you stole it, give it a hug,change its oil, and do it again tomorrow! I have whipped the hell out of my Blaster and people on Banshee's and 450r's are amazed at what it can do and that it never causes me problems. :D

I ride with a guy who has one and it is sick----and fricken LOUD! It is a big bore 330 and handles like a dream. On theHonda forums they suggest only going to a 310 as it is more reliable and less finicky. As far as reliability, I think that the Blaster probably has it as well as any other 2-stroke sport quad beat handsdown. Where it gets interesting is when you build a Blaster to have the power of a 250r then it is not going to be as reliable as the stock 250r. Blaster's are just so simple- like my old Volkswagen. Drive it like you stole it, give it a hug,change its oil, and do it again tomorrow! I have whipped the hell out of my Blaster and people on Banshee's and 450r's are amazed at what it can do and that it never causes me problems. :D

See thats where we differ. I always blew my blaster up. I'm looking for something more reliable, and faster.

my GF's step dad has an 86 (i think) that he bought new and he has never had a problem with it, all he's ever had to do to it is replace a couple of bearings and he replaced the piston about 10 years ago but just because he heard that he should not because it was bad.

f*ck a 330 you wanna see khoas on 4 wheels, iv said it before and ill lay it down again..

my buddy matts trx 250r

wil start with the comforts and goodies, hydrolic clutch kit, lonestar frame, lonestar axle, and a arms, ohlines LONG travel shocks, cr 500 long travel ohlins rear, 9'' itp double bead locks front and rear with 19 inch holeshots on the front and 18s on the rear, pro armor nerfs? renthol bars? a/m plastics with jannsen racing graphics, am bumpers, and grab bar, transparent gas tank, ( looks pretty with 110 and techniplate slishing around in it)

now the FUN stuff.. LRD 350cc big bore power valve top end, lrd big bore adjustable pipe( teh sex of pipes!!) 39mm air stryker bored out, aggressive mx/ trail port, custom radiators, vf3 reeds with 3/4 spacers, .... prob more im forgetting

lrd shows 64 HP, and his has extensive porting on top of that, he should be over 69-72 WHEEL hp, built and tuned by janssen.... this quad is pure sexy and plain out looks great and hauls big balls!!!! im 255 and allll leg muscle and i CANT kick start this animal!!

on dyracuse trails NOTHING could keep up with him, factory backed race quads were eating dirt all day long, factory backed dirt bikes with made to looked retarted on the trails,.. 5th gear power wheelies in loose sand and drit throwin 30+ foot roosts!

f*ck a 330 you wanna see khoas on 4 wheels, iv said it before and ill lay it down again..

my buddy matts trx 250r

wil start with the comforts and goodies, hydrolic clutch kit, lonestar frame, lonestar axle, and a arms, ohlines LONG travel shocks, cr 500 long travel ohlins rear, 9'' itp double bead locks front and rear with 19 inch holeshots on the front and 18s on the rear, pro armor nerfs? renthol bars? a/m plastics with jannsen racing graphics, am bumpers, and grab bar, transparent gas tank, ( looks pretty with 110 and techniplate slishing around in it)

now the FUN stuff.. LRD 350cc big bore power valve top end, lrd big bore adjustable pipe( teh sex of pipes!!) 39mm air stryker bored out, aggressive mx/ trail port, custom radiators, vf3 reeds with 3/4 spacers, .... prob more im forgetting

lrd shows 64 HP, and his has extensive porting on top of that, he should be over 69-72 WHEEL hp, built and tuned by janssen.... this quad is pure sexy and plain out looks great and hauls big balls!!!! im 255 and allll leg muscle and i CANT kick start this animal!!

on dyracuse trails NOTHING could keep up with him, factory backed race quads were eating dirt all day long, factory backed dirt bikes with made to looked retarted on the trails,.. 5th gear power wheelies in loose sand and drit throwin 30+ foot roosts!

mmmm yummy :D

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 15 characters.