Best Mechanic ever!(my dad)

darealblaster

2 STROKIN PUERTO RICAN
Sep 6, 2008
Puerto Rico
Ok,so i was riding my blasty,then all of a sudden it lost power and died, i started it back up and before i could let the clutch out it died, before it died it idle really high and went back down, i got off,messed with the idle screw, nothing, kept looking and nothing. When i say to myself,lets cut the freaking Tors off, i got to my dad and say, "where are the keys of the garage" he goes, what happen, i go the blasty starts but the dies, he goes, "did you check the gas" in my mind i go "f*ck me". hahahaha hope you enjoy my idiocrazy.

lol yea,in a way i was hoping that it ha dgas so i didnt feel like a dumbass hahahaha but atleast i didnt have to cut anything,jsut switched to res

everyone is always so quick to blame the TORS.... i dont get it?

glad to hear it wasnt something bigger holding you down.

valhalla your right, i blamed the tors cuz sense everyone here says "check TORS" in every post so i thought, its that, lol thank God i found my dad in the way to the garage if not i woulda made one hell of a mess

What are the TOR.

its a big bad engine gremlin that will cause certian fate to your motor if its allowed to remain in your motor.

no, not really.... its a safety measure in case your throttle cable ever gets stuck. if the switch on your throttle is not pressed in, but your engine is revving too high, it will close the throttle for you. commonly removed because people blame it for their jetting and spark problems.

true, but its free to remove. So its better to start with that than spend money on other things and end up removing it anyway.

while it is always best to start troubleshooting with the cheapest possibility, the problem occurs when someone doesnt know how to do it properly and actually makes their problems worse.

i repair and service sportbikes on the weekends. the biggest moneymaker for me is when someone thinks they are going to do a free mod and end up bringing me their bike to fix after they screwed it up.

research, research, research!!!! one thread or how to isnt ever enough. always try multiple forums and look at the overall consensus of a mod or problem before dedicating to it for repairs.