Bayou 300 should i buy

gb blaster

Apr 19, 2012
Maryland
Alright so i think it a bayou idk its the pep boys one its not an expensive quad but my friends going to jail hes had to bike for a long time before i knew him

My freinds knew him them an said the bike was pretty decent its got reverse to.

Alright so the bike will only start an run in 1st gear he only want 200 hundred for it tho....

I was wondering if that might be a fixable problem for relativly cheap or what idk what wrong with it i havent looked at it he just told me about it yesterday...

He also metioned it was cool..."you can be in 4th gear getting it an just swich to reverse" thats what he said so im pretty sure he messed the gears up idk tho...

Worth it or not?

The bayou's have a separate reverse shaft and a "lockout" on a cable. If the cable is rusted and actuator handle is bent it can be left "permanently" locked out to only neutral reverse and first gear.

For $200, you nearly can't go wrong.... Bayou's are indestructable.

The reverse lever (that the "knob" normally pulls on) could be bent over and hitting the case causing it to seem like the knob is being turned the entire time. That's why I put permantently in parentheses... with the correct parts you may be able to reverse the current condition.

Are you taking advantage of this particular person's situation or "helping him out" by buying before he goes?

If you're helping him out, you could consider doing it before he goes I guess.

Well if you feel up to taking on a project, go for it! Sort of the entire transmission being totally fragged (taking out the cases too) it should be moderately easy fix.

That sh*t isnt no bayou he said that its a baja i looked at it last night its been setting outside for like 2 years now two idk an now he wants 300 idk if i want it now

pass on that chinese P.O.S. !
unless free

yea im gonna i was only considering it cuz he said it was a bayou not a dam baja he did say it was from pep boys i should have know it was a baja