bad luck

dirtyblaster

Mar 26, 2007
well my luck has been sh*tty lately 3 weeks ago i wrecked my blaster into a tree while racing...... i looked at it today and found out front bumper is trashed completely, the motor is acting up, the welds on my header mount is cracked even worse,the head leaks alot (brand new gasket and torqued at 20 ft lbs) head does not seem warped,the cyclinder walls have some weird tiny scrapes on it but not sure if they are bad or not.it has alot of trouble keeping up when switching gears. it has over sized rings on it and the top of the piston seems to have soem tiny pieces of meatal on it but not sure if its just carbon or not. it was all fine until the tree incident any ideas? i figured i would post here because there are alot of knowledgable members on here

i can't afford to spend more money because my truck has a blown tranny and needs attention as well

i just relized i also have way tooooo mannnyyy postes

sometimes a hard impact can cause the piston to scrape the cylinder wall as the inertia pushes on the piston although everything else has stopped.
take a piece of chalk and start coloring in the surface of the head then wipe it off sometimes this will reveal hairline cracks. If no cracks then I'd say a good bore and hone and new piston should take care of the motor.

also are there any cracks in the chamber around the broken weld a bad enough leak could cause it to run funny

P.S. some pics would be useful to help us determine the extent of the damage

alright i've been slaving away on my blaster the whole morning and i got it to run!!!!i repalced the filter,sparkplug,cleaned the carb,and went to a buddies house and used his arc welder to weld my header back up, repacked the silencer and she fired right up!!!! things i still need to do is drill new threads for the left footpeg and get gas!!!! and then i will be riding it agian.

Glad to hear it. Could of been alot worse. But you gotta watch out for them trees, they jump right out at ya. lol

it was during a race adn i was battling it out with a rival and he cut me off and i tried to veer then move ahead but couldn't get control so i went off into the tree