anyone ever use rack packs?

IHATEU

Mar 25, 2009
Holly, MI
like the title says have you ever used one, did you like it, if not do you use anything to carry your stuff.

thats what i thought but rocky mountain lists them for the blasters. they're only 34" wide and according to Wiki. blasters are 40.7" wide so there should be enough room, i thought maybe i could strap it to her six pack rack.

I usually throw everything i need in my camelback. Wallet, phone, snack bars and water in the camelback. Never thought of using a big rack pack like that though, who knows maybe it will work

Maybe if you know somebody that can weld they can make you a rack to hook it too. It would be nice to have something like that for long trail rides.

go down to your local conveniece store, look around back where they load supplies, and look for the pepsi or coca-cola heavy plastic trays, black, blue or red
there about 15" by 24" by 4" or 6 " deep
made outta the same stuff as milk crates, then i either use heavy ty-raps for short use or u-bolts for long term and mount it to my grab bar
i have a few, one holds 2 small 6 pack coolers side by side, the other i made a few cuts and slots too, that hold my bow and other hunting stuff, and just bungee my stuff down
i have been using these for years and never had one break, through countless crashes,
they're pretty durable, and the best part - free