Any addition mods needed with a new silencer

J

jtomasi1

I was wondering if i need any other mods ie. reeds/jets/intake if i have a powercore 2 silencer with a stock exhust pipe. Do you think new reeds would help this set up?

if your just going with the powercore 2 silencer, know that it will not bolt up to the stock pipe.

if your just going with the powercore 2 silencer, know that it will not bolt up to the stock pipe.

On top of that, theres no real point of just haveing an aftermarket silencer and expecting any performance out of it, sure it might sound good but...

Your better of getting the whole Pipe/Silencer Combo to expect any real performance difference and along with that comes the rule of thumb of replacing the Airfilter to help breath better considereing the new less restrictive exhaust and after market reeds wouldnt hurt either given the price....

Hopes this helps

Yea reeds will give you better throttle response an allow just a lil more gas in for more HP but you won't tell a diff, the pipe should be the first upgrade you do.

Since i dont have any mods what type of reids do i need? is there a dif. between a stock reed and a racing one?

the stock reed can crack easily, a race reed improves throttle response
the on of the best redds are Vforce3