Alba racing a ams

also there is a hole inside the tube that goes into the rest of the a arms, so I'm going to have to seal that with some epoxy so grease doesn't go into the whole a arm o_O. So far it seems that you get what you pay for, but the alternative is several hundred dollars more, so if it works well in the end it's still worth it to me. But that is yet to be seen.

Grease fittings are a great idea!
That sucks that the bushings they gave you wont work with them!
Can you use a different kind of bushings with the grease fittings?

So... this whole idea of the tapered and threaded sleeve for the pinch bolt is not safe out of the box imho, you just screw a sleeve that is tapered in the upper half onto the ball joint. No set screw, no way to hold the ball joint to stop it from spinning while you try and tighten it on, and no instructions to tell someone to put locktight anywhere. I can see why someone who isn't mechanically inclined might throw this together and it come apart a few rides later.

So here is what I did to remedy this problem. First, I put a generous helping of red locktight on the ball joint threads and screwed the sleeve on by hand, then got some channel locks and gripped it then smacked them with a hammer to tighten it a little more (might have gotten it a little tighter but ball joint spins pretty easy). After that I installed the spindles. Then I got 2 m10x1.25 bolts and threaded them in from the bottom with a little locktight and tightened them to act like a jam nut, but its a bolt. Jam bolt? Idk, but I feel much safer with it in there. The shortest bolt lowes had was 25mm, it needs to be about 8mm, I'll cut it down later.
gfnW39o.jpg

I did the same thing after reading about the other members sleeve that failed. I just cut the head off of the bolt, threaded it in from the bottom so it would stick out about 3/4 of an inch, then threaded a nut on to it

I did the same thing after reading about the other members sleeve that failed. I just cut the head off of the bolt, threaded it in from the bottom so it would stick out about 3/4 of an inch, then threaded a nut on to it

did you tighten that bolt against the ball joint good and tight and then cut the head off and put a nut? If not then it doesn't solve the problem. I'm not worried about the spindle coming off the sleeve, I'm worried about the ball joint spinning and the sleeve coming off.

Last edited:
You should drill a small hole in the threaded portion of the bolt after you it off and use a castle nut than put in a cotter pin for safety. My opinion.

Reactions: jus_me