Air Filter Issue

Jmnem21

Mar 3, 2013
Northwest Indiana
I have a 2006 Blaster Special Edition. It ran fine for a couple of weeks. I didn't run it for about the last three weeks. I attempted to drive it a couple of days ago and it kept "bogging" out on me (kind of like it was getting too much gas or fuel). I was running a 240 jet in it at the time. I put in a 270 and it still did the same thing-maybe slightly worse. I put a 300 in and it ran like crap. I went back down to a 250 and it obviously ran pretty bad like it was before.

I had a K&N air filter on it so I removed it, cleaned it, and put it back on a day later. The quad still bogged out as I gave it throttle. I bought a new cheaper air filter and we still ran like crap. I completely removed the air filter and it ran like a DREAM! I knew then I needed more air but couldn't figure out why I still needed more air if I had a small jet in there. I even went as far as to put a peice of ladies nylons over the intake just to see if I would still have the same issue. It bogged out even with a thin pair of nylons on it.

The only way that it is currently running good is if I have no air restriction on the carb at all. I obviously do not want to run it that way but I am just looking for a solution to this issue.

I do not know the proper names for everything on the carb but I do not have the TORS on the top of the carb. I just have the throttle cable. I currently have that unscrewed enough to give me roughly a 1500-2000 RPM idle. The air screw on the side is unscrewed about 3 full turns. I have also tried the air screw almost completely loose with no change in the way it drives.

Any bit of information would be greatly appreciated.

Put the air screw at 1.5 turns out

List all of the mods it has, that will help everyone.

Try new gas first... Depending on quality around you, you may need new gas.

Float level must be correct to be able to supply the correct amount of fuel.

Idle setting must be correct for it to come on to the needle jetting smoothly.