After one season with the KTM

blasterfan84

Jun 20, 2007
well guys, the MX season is just wrapping up, from the start of the year riding bone stock in the snow in feb, to holding a hair dryer to the key in october so itll turn. My first year on a 450 was quite eventful.

problems with the bike:

first time i had it out i ran it out of antifreeze and it overheated and scored the piston and cylinder, great f#%kin start eh.

snapped the steering stem at muttco after cross rutting in dirtbike ruts and rolling multiple times.

bent stock a-arms in yet another rollover, idiot ran into me coming into a corner and i hit a roundbail.

found a leak in the clutch line

and thats it, it really was good for a first year model

at first, all the power scared me, but i got used to it after a while, and ended up being ready for more power by the end of the year. ill admit that at the start of the year all that power got me into trouble, now i use it to get out of trouble.

the jump from a blaster was not a small one, there is certainly a period of adjustment, and now i cant ride a blaster at all lol, i am so used to the XC upulling me out of corners and the blaster has to be shifted so often.

overall, i love this bike, and i wouldnt trade it