32 mm Mikuni main Jet start size starting point

bountyhunter

Dec 24, 2012
Sumner Michigan
Ok I have a 32 MM Mikuni that i am putting on my sons Blaster I dont wanna tare it down to see whats in side but here's what I know about it it,s 60 thous. over FMF pipe and silencer and has reed spacer on it
would a 270 main be a good starting point! or should I go Bigger?
again will do plug chop once I get it up and running! but don,t wanna burn it down bfore hand! oh 750' above sea level

also what does the spacer do/help with?

Last edited:
Depending on what air filter and wether the lid is on/off the airbox.

If you have other mods you will need to increase the main jet size.

+2 for lid removal.

+1 or 2 depending on what filter.

+ 1 for pre mix at 32:1.

A reed spacer block between the reeds and jug will tend to make the power come on to the pipe at a little lower rev.

The spacer between the cage and the carby tends to come on to the pipe a little later.

You will gain no extra power from the spacer.

A reed spacer is needed with the larger carbys to allow the clutch lever not to foul the carb bowl.

Is that a TM 32 carb, by chance? If so, they are jetted way wrong from the factory for a Blaster. I run a TM 34 carb on my bike and it needed lots of tuning to get right.

If you do indeed have a TM 32, I'd start with a 290 main jet and tune from there to be safe. You'll need to also fit a 32.5 pilot jet and a P-6 needle jet. I am running a 5FL7 needle in the second-to-bottom clip in my carb and it does pretty well. You're going to have to tear into that carb sooner or later....they come out of the box with a 50 pilot and Q-2 needle jet, which is so rich that a Blaster engine will barely run...