#230 Main jet

Blaaster

Staff member
Technician
Jul 18, 2011
eastern australia
Found out from the Yamaha supplementary manual that #230 main jet is stock for a Blaster! Not #220 as specified in the main manual. :)

i think that Yamaha, like most other manufacturers, changed main jet sizes based on geographic locations.

like southern hot states got a leaner jet, while northern colder states got a richer jet, with most states falling in the middle range

I am in OZ and my 2005 had a #220 stock, been messing with my mind for a while. I noticed the change in the supplement while doing a little research.

Been messin with me for a while as all my calculations have been based on a #220 main.

Gotta now retrain my brain!

I know this thread is a little old but mine came sith the 220 in it i found out today because i bought a carb rebuild kit and noticed old jet was a 220 but the new jet was a 230. It runs alot richer(lot more smoke) but at high rpms it feels alot better

I know this thread is a little old but mine came sith the 220 in it i found out today because i bought a carb rebuild kit and noticed old jet was a 220 but the new jet was a 230. It runs alot richer(lot more smoke) but at high rpms it feels alot better

Good to know, glad it works better for ya.

Where abouts on this round bit of rock are you?

It is interesting why a #220 was in it.