2003 tors/park brake removal

ant_mb

Feb 22, 2010
Delran NJ
I searched for a while but couldn't find anything solid on a 03+ TORS removal.

Everything else on the Blaster is pretty simply so I figured what the hey I'll tear into it. I started out by pulling the switch out of the thumb throttle housing to see how it worked. I found out how the throttle switch was communicating with the carb so the hard part was done(if needed I can explain how it works, but I'm sure most already know). Once I figured that out I striped all the tape from all the wiring harnesses to expose bare wires, and man are there a lot of them. I removed all the wiring for the oil tank light, rear brake light wires and brake sensor wires from both the rear lever and front lever, Parking brake TORS wires, and the TORS throttle side wires.

The only thing you need to rewire is the switch that is in the thumb throttle. I simply traced them to their source and spliced them together there. That way I could get rid of all the wires. Everything else you can simply unplug or cut the wires. I left the TORS wire in the carb side and simply unplugged it. I'll pull the carb soon and get rid of those wires as well.

Here is the TORS unplugged.

2dmb412.jpg

This is all that is left of the wiring.

s4c8ch.jpg

Up front.

b3vci8.jpg

Here is everything I didn't need.

s6hqh1.jpg

I'll be putting a new clutch lever that doesn't have all that extra crap on it to clean it up a little.

I went ahead and pulled the slide out of the cars to look at the TORS on that end. All I found was a switch with the wires coming out. I just sniped the wires at the grommet point and called it a day.

so how has this worked for u so far?? Any probs?

is this the correct way to do it or is there another way for the 03+ blastys??

Sorry guys I posted this here thinking I was just showing off what I did myself. It is by far not a turtorial on how to do it. I was simply showing off my DIY. Delete it if need be.

I will answer the couple questions though. As far as the right way? Who determines what is right or wrong when gutting electronics. I have 0 problems with mine. All you have to do I'd disconnect the carb wire and cross the wires that are coming off the throttle side. That's it on a nut shell.

Sorry guys I posted this here thinking I was just showing off what I did myself. It is by far not a turtorial on how to do it. I was simply showing off my DIY. Delete it if need be.

I will answer the couple questions though. As far as the right way? Who determines what is right or wrong when gutting electronics. I have 0 problems with mine. All you have to do I'd disconnect the carb wire and cross the wires that are coming off the throttle side. That's it on a nut shell.

no..no..no.. this is good. actually, there has been alot of people asking how to do this. a couple of people have replied but nothing as informative. all the 03 and up guys have been lookin for a way to clean up all those usless wires.
they should make it a sticky.