200 vs. 240 ?

Kasey

Feb 6, 2008
TX
www.myspace.com
ok my blaster is not stock but still have it at 200cc.......if i got the vitos 240 kit off of ebay........how much faster or should i say how fast will the blaster run.....whats the pros and cons......let me know guys. becasue i'm thinking bout buyin the 240 kit.

i have pro circuit pipe and silencer
rad reed valves....pro series
k&N air filter
race tires...holeshot

estimate on how fast the 240 would run........thx again.

well if you want a 240 kit don't get a vitos one it isn't reliable and runs way too hot and it breaks a lot, if you want a 240 kit get the ct sonic or the PB fire breather kit they are the best ones out, yeah they cost more but they are a lot more reliable and are more powerful. But you could also do with a new piston and a larger carburetter to get the most power out of it. But it will go a lot faster however, depending on what type on riding you do i would get the handling and suspension right first before making it a lot faster

first off, the vito's kit is not unreliable, and secondly it doesn't run hot. If its set up properly its a nice kit for the average rider. The ct kit is hard to find and there is a waiting period on them.

well if the vitos kit is reliable then why do i know blaster racers that have broken it within one race, and before you say well they have set it up wrong the riders dad owns the largest atv shop in Europe and race prepares quads for pro riders across the world. They have been set up for 19 years, the kid does ride hard but they had set up the kit perfect and it blew up after one race. Whereas the other kits i mentioned were a lot more reliable. Yes the kit my be ok for the average rider but if you ride hard they are none to break. And their pistons melt a lot too

the kit failed because they used the junk cast piston that came with the kit. Just because someone used it and had problems with it doesn't make it junk. I'm sure that if you took a poll on this site and others, you'd find that more people have had good luck with the kits versus people who have had problems with them

after watching a buddie go through the vito's BS and basicly blow his Wad i would not even entertain it myself,, however in the end he got it fixed up but it took a lot of time and more money, his also seamed to have mostly bottom end however there could be various factors at play there, it has been sometime ago.

The vitos kit is supose to be an all round good kit. There is a way to keep from over heating and that is by useing race feul. Its better to run higher octane gas in any big bore engine. If you do this your engine runs cooler and you get more power out of it. As you can see 245stroker is runing race fuel and he is haveing no problem. I have put a bunch of these kits in for blasters that do all different kinds of riding and none of them have complaned. An another thing is make shure to install it as professionaly as possible or you are going to have problems

I don't see how the Vito's kit could run any hotter than the LA Sleave kit in my bike!?, with the 6mm over size sleave in the stock jug it's got to be thin!, there's as much bare cylinder in the intake port as port as there is original port! and at 248 cc's and 93 octain fuel I don't have any over heating issues!?, if your over heating you are jetted to lean!

The reason that no one has answered you as to the speed is that there is ni exact way to measure it. Gearing will play a huge factor in this.

If all you add is the 240 kit its not really going to make your quad go any faster (top speed wise) it'll just make it get there faster. Add the 240 kit and regear your machine and then you'll gain some top speed

well here my opinion if you port and polish your stock cylinder and aftermarket pipe and 250r carburator for more fuel thats what i had on my old ride around blaster and it was competive with any blaster around here i think that would be cheper than a 240 kit from vitos witch is like $650 if you realy want to get fast get 240 kit and get vitos to port it then put the 250 carb on it and some honda mr501s and you wont be able to keep the wheels on the ground =))
oh yeah i run vitos on all my drag bikes with port and polish and i raced a drag blaster with ct cylinder and i was a whole half secound faster i think ct overated if u want to be fast get vitos B-)

Since you already bought it why don't you go ahead and install it and you tell US how much it improved your performance. B-) I:I lol