2 stroke oil ratio

jesse

Mar 2, 2009
northeast
what should i mix for the fuel ratio of my blaster? i usually run it lean cus i dont have alot of money but i need to start running it richer any ideas?
thanks

what should i mix for the fuel ratio of my blaster? i usually run it lean cus i dont have alot of money but i need to start running it richer any ideas?
thanks

ok the amount of money your going to save running it lean vs. rebuilding it cause you blew it..hmmm
run 4 oz. to a gal.
that is 32 to 1

get a RATIO RITE cup, then you dont even have to think when you mix!

And honestly, how much is it gonna cost you to run it correctly? At my shop the oil is use is like $10.00 a quart. Now, I dont ride all that often but, that will last 4 gallons I think, actually more.

Anyways, your spending more on the gas then the oil so just mix it properly and avoid problmes!

by running it lean all you are doing is costing yourself money down the road. when that motor blows due to how lean you run it you will see what it cost to rebuild. best bet is to richen it up now before its to late.

32:1.. ppl biotch about the oil i use but it is great stuff!! and idiot proof!! go to a honda dealer.. get pro honda hp2 this stuff right here http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/product/PROHONDA-HP2-2STROKE-RACING-OIL/?catalogId=110571

super clean burn, smells decent.. idiot proof due to it comes in a 16 oz bottle you mix that bottle with 4 gallons of gas and there is your 32:1 fool proof!!! iit runs me just under 8 bucks a bottle threw the honda dealer here 100% synthetic racing oil.. its for honda cr's with power valves it keeps the power valves clean.. but ppl run it in 250r's buddy ran it in his yz 125, i run it in my blaster.. 32:1 and i have change 2 spark plugs all winter, and one was from carb tuning.. 29 hours on a plug... les than 18 bucks for 4 gallons of premium and the bottle of oil

and its conveniant!! gas can in back of truck, pull up to pump, pour bottle of oil in gas can, fill with 4 gallons of premium pay for gas and done!!

I spend close to $10 on my castor maxima 927! But I love it!

and thats nasty that you are putting honda oil in your Yamaha!

8 bucks for a 16 oz bottle.. not even a quart.. and fabb.. i like it much better than that amzoil crap i was running... took a bit for the amzoil to clear out after starting it.. this stuff clears out fast!!! guy a friend of mine knows ran it for ever in a 250r quad.. something like 21 years on the original piston and rings!!

some of you guys that run high ratios on your synthetic premixes should rethink your habits .ive seen alot of topends apart and almost always ask what oil was used and what ratio.my findings say the more oil the better ..the better and the oil the better . never seen a topend get toasted by too much premix but ive seen the opposite !best oils o nthe market are klotz supertechnaplate and castor 927 ..other good ones are redline and benol. worst oil i know of is probably amsoil dominator ..used to think it was decent back i n the day till evidence over time showed me otherwise.

Reactions: Larry's Shee
some of you guys that run high ratios on your synthetic premixes should rethink your habits .ive seen alot of topends apart and almost always ask what oil was used and what ratio.the more oil the better ..the better and the oil the better . never seen a topend get toasted by too much premix but ive seen the opposite !best oils o nthe market are klotz supertechnaplate and castor 927 ..other good ones are redline and benol. worst oil i know of is probably amsoil dominator ..used to think it was decent back i n the day till evidence over time showed me otherwise.

no personal experiance witrh the dominator, i use interceptor pre mix and gave half a quart away.. didnt like it at all.. im much happeyer with the hp2... granted klotz is good stuff but there is no reliable sorce for it around here.. two places that carry it one is hardly ever open.. its hit or miss if he is at the shop, and the other dont order enough so its sold out in a day or two.. the hp2 is good stuff and it sold right at pro motor sports... motorcylce/ powersport dealer

most dealers are ripoff shops ..id buy it from rockymountain atv for like 34 bucks a gallon and then it will last a very long time and you wont be running all over the countryside looking for high priced oil in a pinch when your buddys come over and want to ride

I've been running klotz benol castor racing oil in my blaster. Bored to a 240cc, full fmf exhaust, boyesen power reeds, h.o. stator, performance cdi, ngk iridium plug, stock pilot, 3rd clip needle, 330 main and ab lid off. The oil seems to be doing good for me so far. But I've been going through a lot of plugs running 32:1 mix 1.5gal 93 octane and .5 gallon cam2. I'll eventually have update on how this iridium plug is holding up