1999 rm250 questions

Racer51

May 19, 2011
Northwest Ohio
Hi guys what can you tell me about stock rm250's I ask Cause i'm thinking about trading my 2004 se blaster thats wrenched out for it if the guy says yes.

are there any problems I should know about rm250's
here's the ad and here's a list of stuff done to my bike so it'll be an easier decision

here is the port/polish head inner bowl looks the same

2ur8n0p.jpg

and here's in general

2wpil3o.jpg
2mqjbdx.jpg
xml7gh.jpg
az6u1f.jpg

.04SE yamaha blaster it has agg. trail port standard stroke hot rods crank brand new as well, vf3 reeds, brand new fmf pipe and turbinecore 2 usaf silencer. +4 black pearl swingarm decent tires. the only thig is the cylinder needs to bored 1 over and have a piston to match it. and heat cycle/break in the motor and it's ready to rip and grip also it has a honda 450R rear shock and banshee front shocks and gripper seat and a red teather kill switch un-opened carb is stock size but jettet correctly absolutly clean inside.

1999 Suzuki RM 250....trade/trades

yes i know it's stock thats how i want a 250 to be for now.

We have had a few rm's come into the shop, value wise id say they are pretty close the bike is probably worth a couple hundred more. But i guess its all about what its worth to you, if your looking to get into a bike then go for it just make sure you look it over really good before you trade.

The 99 RM250 is a great woods bike. Ton’s of low / mid power but a little weak on top. The power valves will require frequent cleaning to insure they’re operating correctly. The flapper valve has a tendency of wearing out to the point of sticking into the cylinder and will probably need to be replaced if it’s the original part. Take a good look at the rear suspension linkage for wear. OEM Suzuki parts can get very expensive.

We have had a few rm's come into the shop, value wise id say they are pretty close the bike is probably worth a couple hundred more. But i guess its all about what its worth to you, if your looking to get into a bike then go for it just make sure you look it over really good before you trade.

To me the dirt bike is probably valued close to 1600 mabey a bit more. The blaster....probably if it was running $1450-1600 But this is my second one and it dosent run. so if it gets me a running bike it's not so bad is the way I figure.
are they generally nice to work on when you have to?

The 99 RM250 is a great woods bike. Ton’s of low / mid power but a little weak on top. The power valves will require frequent cleaning to insure they’re operating correctly. The flapper valve has a tendency of wearing out to the point of sticking into the cylinder and will probably need to be replaced if it’s the original part. Take a good look at the rear suspension linkage for wear. OEM Suzuki parts can get very expensive.

ok cool thats the kind of riding i do most. The only thing ive ever heard about them is that replacing the cranks in them gets hard and super expensive. So further down the road just add an fmf fatty with shorty? does that remedy the "problem". for power up top typically? thanks guys