1990 blaster motor rebuild

oregondunes1

Sep 22, 2012
Hey guys, I just got my blaster back together to find a gear oil leak were the bottom motormount goes, ill post picks, I asked the girl friend if sence I gotta do a new crank case gaskit I might as well do a new top end sence its stock and I don't kno how many hours are on the piston and rings, she said I have a 250$ limit! I put a used stock 02 crank and rod in recently but I feel the rod has to much side to side play after running the motor for 30 mins trying to let the motor get use to itself sence it was just put back together, I called a machine shop and.he said he would do the cylinder bore for 50$
Im not sure what size to go, I kno id like to rip it and rape it on the dunes, so I was wondering what a good size piston (wizco) I should get to have dude bore cylinder for?
I'm 220lbs,
And if I get a big bore kit do I need a new bigger carb? Or just bigger jets?
50$ bore
130$ eBay wisco piston
20$ Crank case sealer sence bike shops seems to think they dnt have crank case gaskits
would I need another.completly gaskit kit?
I'll be posting pics within a couple weeks of the progress
Payday ill get the piston, the next payday ill get the bore job, and so on!
If my crank has to much side to side what do I do? Can I have the berrings replaced were the rod and.crank meet? Or is this a 375$ rebuild due to needing a new.crank? Never again will I buy used motor parts off Craigslist again lol if I need a new crank I think

If I need a new crank id like to get a 3 mill stroker, I kno id have to get the case trenched, but then would I need a new carb? What's the prosses or I guess I mean what would it take to run a 3mill stroker crank with a.wisco piston?

ts a tight budget to work with $250, for what you are wanting. the weisco kits, if you can get them with tax and shipping under $125, thats a deal. IMO.

And $50 is what I pay for bore and chamfer.

You ask abotu what size, honestly, the next size up is just fine, why bore it more than you need too. esp if you gonna rip and ride it hard. Leave room for future rebuilds.

I ghave 3 blasters, one at 68mm and two at .020 over. and I only see a mild differance. not worth the risk, to max bore it, when you dont need to.

and if you need a new crank / rod. not sure how you can tay close to under $250. I have seen cranks for around $125 stock, but average prices seems to be around $160 range.

the cost to rebuild your crank, would be easier to buy a new one. not much saving there, if not cost you as much as a new one.

Sporty

If I need a new crank id like to get a 3 mill stroker, I kno id have to get the case trenched, but then would I need a new carb? What's the prosses or I guess I mean what would it take to run a 3mill stroker crank with a.wisco piston?

I believe on a 3mil you do not have to do that, thats on the 4mill stroker.

Sporty

you don't have to trench the cases for a 3mil. sometimes there is some clearane issues but not often. you just have to mock up the motor before assembly to check for clearance. might require a little jetting but you should be fine with a stock carb if that is the only mod you are doing. make sure you install the spacer plate that comes with the crank

answer to the big bore kit.

From what I have read on here, they all seem to recommend getting the big bore kit ported. seems its not all that much of a improvement without that being done.

And many yes, run a bigger carb with that. but thats all wya over your $250 limit.

Sporty

I'm just gunna have to do it slow then, ill get her nails done then ill start throwing prices at her, thanx for the help

I honestly, think you might think about just having that stock cylinder portted and a squish head on it. that will double your HP and you will be very happy. and even a pipe upgrade would be a improvment over stock.

Sporty