'06 Blaster weird idle and bogs,

Wiggins Cycles

Jan 5, 2013
Someone else posted (with a video) the exact problem I am having with this Blaster. Unfortunately he did not post the solution.

The idle is "lopey", it bogs and dies when the thumb throttle is pressed.

I have done and went over the TORs eliminate procedure several times, and I just replaced the CDI with no improvement.

This 4 wheeler came to my shop after another shop had it and did a complete top end. They also replaced the stator assembly. The compression is good. The reeds are new.

Help please if you have experienced this issue after doing the TORs eliminate.

Thanks in advance

Someone else posted (with a video) the exact problem I am having with this Blaster. Unfortunately he did not post the solution.

The idle is "lopey", it bogs and dies when the thumb throttle is pressed.

I have done and went over the TORs eliminate procedure several times, and I just replaced the CDI with no improvement.

This 4 wheeler came to my shop after another shop had it and did a complete top end. They also replaced the stator assembly. The compression is good. The reeds are new.

Help please if you have experienced this issue after doing the TORs eliminate.

Thanks in advance

is the carb and airfilter completely cleaned?

Often when the hole is drilled and tapped for the idle screw, the carby gets malajusted.

You may consider making sure that it is scrupiously clean, the float level at the correct setting and that you have a good supply of gas flowing out of the drain when you loosen the drain screw.

The idle also needs to be set as follows.

Idle adjusting.

Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.

Set idle screw so that it has some sort of idle. With TORS big screw under seat on top of unit. No TORS brass screw midway down carb body.

Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a faster idle, 2000rpm+

Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.

Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs to allow the motor to respond.

Re adjust idle screw for desired idle .

-----------------------------------------------------

If it is a topend rebuild have you checked it for air leaks.

14mqc1y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys for your prompt responses.

The carb is clean and the air filter is off solely for the purpose of testing, the Blaster had the same problem when the air filter was installed. The carb manifold is brand new.

I believe this is a TORs issue, or a wiring issue.

This link has a video of exactly what the Blaster I am working on is doing:
http://www.blasterforum.com/general-support-17/idle-funny-bogs-under-throttle-48637/

In the mean time I will check for air leaks.