03 headlight bulb ?

NEONNIGHT34609

Dec 19, 2010
FLORIDA
i just changed my taillight to LED i am lookin to do the same for the headlight i want to use the same housing just get one of them LED bulbs that plugs into the factory socket. i dont do a lot of night riding but like to run my lights while trail riding. i am lookin to take some of the unwanted load off the stator. does anyone know what type of bulb is in the 03 so i dont have to tear the front end open again just to get the bulb number. THANKS I:I

i put leds on mine too. i was trying to get the LED for the front but i think im gonna have to put a different one and fab it on. i heard XENON would be good. theres on ebay Tusk Head Light Bulb Yamaha Blaster 200 03-06 - eBay (item 170573559312 end time Mar-30-11 15:58:00 PDT) all the bulb says was 35W/ and something else. as for my rear bulb its a 360 bulb with brake and rear lihht. i like it alot. i just had a prob with my rear brake lever sensor today so i unplugged it for now til i fix it.and b4 i fry my stator

Last edited by a moderator:
H6M base. thats what i needed to know. i already took the bulb out of my bike to see. i could not wait till you guys chimed in. i have had this front end off so much i think i need to put wing nuts on it instead of screws

H6M base. thats what i needed to know. i already took the bulb out of my bike to see. i could not wait till you guys chimed in. i have had this front end off so much i think i need to put wing nuts on it instead of screws

Haha I couldn't agree more. I always have front off too. I didn't know u'd need that H6M thingy for the front. Or was it for the rear too? Bc I had to open up the mouth of the light socket to fit the LED in and I just plugged it in. It works good to me.

I think that bulb would work. With a lil fabn of course. I think I saw that same bulb too but didn't buy it bc its coming from china and that takes a long time to ship. Prices are def cheaper but I'm impatient i'd spend the extra few bucks to get it a lot sooner

ok here is a true story i ordered taillights for my freinds shop. 10 taillight for choppers came from china off ebay FREE SHIPPING and they where here DHL in 3 days. packing slip was from china. i have NO idea how they got it here THAT fast but they did. i have ordered a few other things from china and nothing really took longer then a week. shipping within the states takes that long.

HEY Demo4o1. i just looked at the heel guard post and notices you have the same color scheme bike as me. what year is yours ? 03 for mine.

Funny how that happens for shipping. They may have stores in the US too for certain items. It happened to me once too.
And yea mine is a 03. Says it in bold red glittery letters in my sig. Lol o_O