Compression

Carter Prater

Mar 27, 2024
About a week ago I purchased my first quad a 2001 Yamaha blaster. It was a family friend and got a good deal. It runs and drives great, back brake needs some work. However when I did a compression test it was stuck at 100 psi. The guy I bought it from said that the top end had just been redone and it hasn't even had a full gas tank through it. It was sitting for a couple years though. I am very stumped and I have no clue what to do. I was thinking that there is a leak in a gasket or something, or maybe that the head wasn't really redone? I just would love some advice on what to do.
Thanks.

About a week ago I purchased my first quad a 2001 Yamaha blaster. It was a family friend and got a good deal. It runs and drives great, back brake needs some work. However when I did a compression test it was stuck at 100 psi. The guy I bought it from said that the top end had just been redone and it hasn't even had a full gas tank through it. It was sitting for a couple years though. I am very stumped and I have no clue what to do. I was thinking that there is a leak in a gasket or something, or maybe that the head wasn't really redone? I just would love some advice on what to do.
Thanks.
Could there be carbon deposits in there blocking off the differnt passage ways for the intake and exhaust? I’m new to this but I just read about something like this in the clymer manual