z50 help!!!!!!!

motoman159

Mar 8, 2012
central Florida
im fixing this for my moms boyfriend. it has the dynatek cdi.it bogs real bad up top and wont run without choke. carb is spotless, i mean i braaaptored that sh*t. it doesnt not have the airfilter in but it does have the airbox. its an 06 4 stroke.

Couple things to check:

-Spark plug gap has to be right. If in doubt, set it to. 028" and it should fire fine.
-Valve lash has to be correct. An intake valve set too tightly will cause bogging and poor running. Valves should be set as follows: Intake: .003-.004". Exhaust: .004-.005." Its worth checking.

Also, are you getting a strong stream of fuel to the carburetor? Even these little bikes have a screened fuel petcock, which can clog with debris. If you only see a dribble of fuel from the fuel line, the petcock is likely plugged up and needs to be cleaned.

Lastly, Ive also seen a pilot jet stop up so badly that you can't clean it. Ive hit a couple with a propane torch and still couldn't get the clog out. Hold the jet up to a light. If you cant see through it, you've found the problem.

Couple things to check:

-Spark plug gap has to be right. If in doubt, set it to. 028" and it should fire fine.
-Valve lash has to be correct. An intake valve set too tightly will cause bogging and poor running. Valves should be set as follows: Intake: .003-.004". Exhaust: .004-.005." Its worth checking.

Also, are you getting a strong stream of fuel to the carburetor? Even these little bikes have a screened fuel petcock, which can clog with debris. If you only see a dribble of fuel from the fuel line, the petcock is likely plugged up and needs to be cleaned.

Lastly, Ive also seen a pilot jet stop up so badly that you can't clean it. Ive hit a couple with a propane torch and still couldn't get the clog out. Hold the jet up to a light. If you cant see through it, you've found the problem.

The gap is right I already cleaned the petcock and drained the tank and put fresh gas in. And I can see through both jets fine. Ill try the valves