YFZ450 heel guards

pudvah

I just wanna rip.
Mar 6, 2015
Griswold, Connecticut
image.jpg
So happy I finally have heel protection. Got the YFZ guards mounted up today just need to make a bracket for the top mount, even without it its very sturdy.

The pegs that came with the heel guards are HUGE and awesome but I don't have the fabrication skills to mount them so either I will be calling mr. O'Conner or it will be a project when my welding classes start at the end of the summer.

Starting it was weird it took 4 kicks instead of the 1 or 2 it usually takes but totally worth it.

Looks good...it's a pain to start but well worth the protection and look department. You'll get used to starting it with your heel in a few days

Haha. Find a nice banshee rear axle to get those tires out past the guards. I had those same guards then went with a 250 raptor setup because of the smaller profile.

I thought that was weird too. Surprisingly it's actually sturdy I lift it up by the bumper all the time it doesn't even budge. Sucked doing my A arm bushings I had to remove them to get the bottom arm bolts out and putting them back on sucked.

I will look on the Lonestar website and try and match it up

EDIT: so it says on the lone star website that it comes with 2 axle nuts and 2 spacers which the pic on CL shows. the only thing is he claims it is +2 +4 but the only thing I find on Lone star is +1 +3. still a good deal seeing as they go for 399

Last edited:
If you go for it, give it a good roll over on a flat surface to make sure it's not bent. And if you have an extra sprocket hub bring it and check the splines for play. There might be some until you tighten the axle nuts and squeeze everything together.

Reactions: jus_me