Yamaha Blaster Frame Swap

DFL33

Dec 12, 2012
I just got what was originally a 2003 Yamaha Blaster, it was crashed into a tree and the 2003 frame was ruined. The kid I got it from bought a 2002 frame as a replacement and when he tried swapping everything over he said things didn't line up. Is there anything I could do to make the 2002 frame work or should I just buy a 2003-2006 frame?

I just got what was originally a 2003 Yamaha Blaster, it was crashed into a tree and the 2003 frame was ruined. The kid I got it from bought a 2002 frame as a replacement and when he tried swapping everything over he said things didn't line up. Is there anything I could do to make the 2002 frame work or should I just buy a 2003-2006 frame?

off the bat i know that if you wanted to put the 03+ rear hydro on you would have to fab a mounting bracket..although you could check ebay for a frame.could get pricey there though..what didn't mount correctly?

off the bat i know that if you wanted to put the 03+ rear hydro on you would have to fab a mounting bracket..although you could check ebay for a frame.could get pricey there though..what didn't mount correctly?

here ya go brother,2003 ebay has one for 229.00 free ship

Attachments

• $T2eC16dHJGoE9nuQg2TBBQo7f51+Ow~~60_57.jpg
    $T2eC16dHJGoE9nuQg2TBBQo7f51+Ow~~60_57.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 291
I'm not sure exactly what wasn't fitting right, I didn't bother to ask because I figured I would just have to buy a frame anyway, but then I read online that the frame remained unchanged for the 2003 year from the previous years, so I was just just wondering if I could make the 2002 frame work, but if i have to have custom brackets made I'll just buy the 03-06 frame and save my self the head ache.

you would be better off buying an 03-06 frame for ease of the swap. making the brackets wouldn't be too hard of a job if you have basic fabrication skills and a welder, especially since you have another frame there to make templates from

you would be better off buying an 03-06 frame for ease of the swap. making the brackets wouldn't be too hard of a job if you have basic fabrication skills and a welder, especially since you have another frame there to make templates from
another possibiltiy is message awk08 about hydro rear brakes..he did a excellent job on mine on my 02.. the brakes imo work better than the hydro's that come on the 03+ blastys..