Would this be the right carburetor to get?

That's the correct size, and even has an idle screw, but like all the others the jetting is way off, possibly including the slide and needle/jet and will never run right without changing all these parts to the stock blaster specs, I'm guessing if the pilot and main jet are that far off, so are all the other parts

DK carb:
Carb Size: 26mm
Main Jet: 190
Pilot Jet: 22.5
Needle Jet: O-0 (332)
Jet Needle: 5E75
Throttle Valve: 1.5 (VM24/361)
Main Air Jet: 0.5 (VM13/04)
Needle Valve: 2.5 (VM26/26)

stock specs:
vm.jpg

Well not sure if you remember our conversation about the carb but the idle screw you suggested was to small for the hole that’s there. Would be nice to be able to fix that somehow. You know where to get a helicoil tha would work? Or if that’s a good idea?

Take that carb to a dealership, idle screws come in many sizes, thread and length.
maybe they can find one to fit ?
my dealership found some screw off the shelf from a suzuki streetbike that fit a stock carb for me when the vito's one came loose and fell out

it would help to know what the threads are that the previous owner tapped in there ? metric or standard ?
ace hardware has plastic thread gauges to figure that out

would it be possible to switch all the internals/jetting from your old carb to that new one from dennis kirk ?

X2 check with those people that larry mentioned. Seems like there was something about the needle jet and main jet length being different?
Those 2 would know for sure

What's in that kit is the same as in every stock carb rebuild kit, you get the jets but not the slide and needle jet,
and that second link to the carb looks to have the same, very incorrect, jetting in it. adding the rebuild kit to that or the first carb you linked above, still leaves you with the wrong slide (throttle valve) and needle jet.

ask this dude if all your stock parts will fit this new body ? and add the idle screw before assembling it
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-YAMAHA...259252?hash=item3da17bf034:g:FRcAAOSw6LZemN1k

Reactions: Slydog
What's in that kit is the same as in every stock carb rebuild kit, you get the jets but not the slide and needle jet,
and that second link to the carb looks to have the same, very incorrect, jetting in it. adding the rebuild kit to that or the first carb you linked above, still leaves you with the wrong slide (throttle valve) and needle jet.

ask this dude if all your stock parts will fit this new body ? and add the idle screw before assembling it
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-YAMAHA...259252?hash=item3da17bf034:g:FRcAAOSw6LZemN1k

This kit is what is in the carb I have now.

Attachments

• 252CB1EE-2108-40A0-877F-D89656C30837.jpeg
    252CB1EE-2108-40A0-877F-D89656C30837.jpeg
    301 KB · Views: 165
Reactions: Awk08

He said the Stock carb parts will fit but I have the k and l carb kit in the carburetor I have now. I asked the guy what the specs are in those jets and he said main 230 and other 32.5 I believe those are correct. So you think I should buy that housing and switch it all over?

Ask the ebay dude if the stock parts fit that housing, the price is right

Where can I get a complete carb already put together bolt in and ready to go? A good one?