works double rate question?

98blaster+4

Oct 12, 2008
vermont
so i just picked up a pair of front dual rate works with the option for a resi. but when i went to put them on the top hole is just a little off , how do i adjust them so they fit right? do i just have someone comprss them while i put the bolt through?

do you have your quad sittin up on a milk crate or sumthin???
then they will be short and you will have to lift up on the a-arm to get them in place

i just lifted the whole quad up by the bumper and it seemed like the suspension drooped all the way and they needed another millimeter or two

if they're too long man up and pick up the front end a bit. if they're too short you just need to pull the a arms up

just got em on, feel pretty good. jumped on the bumper and couldnt even bottom them out. by the way they are from a banshee , is there any difference between banshee and blaster versions of the works shock?

it at least used to be that the banshee shocks were the only ones you could get, but they fit a blaster. glad they're workin out, once i get my triple rates with the rezzies fixed i'm gonna be having a good time!

So did you figure out why they werent fitting to begin with. I have a pair also but with the remote ressies but havent put them on yet.

i just didnt have that third hand i needed till i tried it the second time, just needed somebody to push the a-arms down and wiggle them so i could line up the bolts.

the only works shocks i no that "adjust" are the works pro series shocks, all the other ones arent adjustable...now you can have them revalved and resprung for your weight and type of riding

the only other way to adjust the preload too (if you don't have the cool adjusters) is to push down on the spring and there's a c clip that holds the top spring retainer on. but as for adjusting the shock you have to send it to works and have it revalved

okay thanks for the info. it is valved for about 10 pounds less tan what i weigh so i think it is fine but i was just figuring since it was not a stock shock it would have some kind fo adjustments . hopefully ill get to ride it soon and feel ho they ride.