Won't kick over cold

Bnewton530

Dec 6, 2015
hey guys. I have a blaster here that won't kick over cold. It'll pop start right up and then it'll kick start. I'm stumped. Good compression. Gets fuel and spark. My only thought is the reeds. Thanks

120psi. I'm suspecting weak spark but then again it kicks over once it's been started once

If you haven't already, you can unscrew the spark plug cap, cut back about 1/8" on the coil wire and rescrew the cap back on.

Had similar problem with son's Banshee. Wasn't until I upped the pilot and set float level before it was cured.

So, make sure choke circut and pilot circut are clean and set float level.

You know I thought it could be the pilot too. The only catch is that my carb is a keihin but the jets are not?

So they're no name after market? No matter, do a search on here for Kehine carbs and compare to similar setup s. May still have to bump your pilot. Presuming everything else is good including reeds, plug, fresh fuel.

Yep. It's kicking over great now. It's now much warmer so maybe it didn't like the cold. I'm going to hunt down a factory carb. I already have a jet set for the factory carb