widening kit???

KBRott

Dec 29, 2013
I was surfing eBay and came across a widening kit and was wondering how it holds up on trail riding ? Or is it best to stick with extended a arms?

Attachments

• f6b4_3.jpeg
    f6b4_3.jpeg
    35.5 KB · Views: 756
  • $(KGrHqMOKnIE5!D3Hz18BOW8Qgz1Kw~~60_3.jpeg
    $(KGrHqMOKnIE5!D3Hz18BOW8Qgz1Kw~~60_3.jpeg
    94 KB · Views: 777
Last edited by a moderator:
I have no experience with this kit. I have heard the weak spot is the tie rod extenders. The frame brackets are said to be very strong though.

Did I load pictures wrong?

kinda, only links were showing, I posted the pics in your first post.
the pic posting on here is screwey until we get everything transferred to the new forum layout, word has it that it's almost ready for testing ? I:I
until then, use photobucket and paste the IMG code for forums into your posts here

If money is short the kit is great value.

The bump steer it adds is corrected by adjusting the toe settings.

My lad bent a tie rod extender, but he was racing MX and may have clouted the rear of another bike, who knows.

I have ridden it and cannot fault it, it is very strongly built.

On the down side some of the bolts were not quite long enough and I had to get a few replacements locally.

Use Loctite on the nuts as one did manage to come loose after a couple of Motos.

If you are running aftermarket shocks you will need the lowering/raising kit as well, not a bad idea to use it with stock shocks to put them back to the same attitude.

2hx1xn5.jpg

Reactions: Keep It Rockin
kinda, only links were showing, I posted the pics in your first post.
the pic posting on here is screwey until we get everything transferred to the new forum layout, word has it that it's almost ready for testing ? I:I
until then, use photobucket and paste the IMG code for forums into your posts here

Ok thanks I'm not very computer savy, I will ask my 12 year old daughter to show me lol

That's good to know about kit. I have a banshee rolling chassis sitting in garage that I'm wondering what parts I Cashv rob off it to make blaster better.

For what you're paying for them I think it's close to the extended a arms you can get...and with extended a arms you can get a yfz450 shock set up