Why? Float height question

OneIed

Mar 24, 2015
Brewster, NY
Why does my Blaster prefer the float to be higher than the stock setting? Which if I'm correct would mean less fuel in the float bowl. I runs so rich if the floats are set within specs

Also will a Banshee TORS delete kit work for a Blaster? The 1 I ordered is back ordered and anywhere that has them wants another $15-$20 more

Last edited:
Maybe a cracked float taking on fuel effecting the fuel level ? Remove the floats and shake to see if you can hear fuel inside or submerge in a bowl of water to watch for bubbles escaping as fuel seeps into the float(s)

Are you removing the bowl gasket and measuring from where it sat in the carb body ?

Unsure about shee tors kit, same carb but does it have 2 of everything ?

Maybe a cracked float taking on fuel effecting the fuel level ? Remove the floats and shake to see if you can hear fuel inside or submerge in a bowl of water to watch for bubbles escaping as fuel seeps into the float(s)

Are you removing the bowl gasket and measuring from where it sat in the carb body ?

Unsure about shee tors kit, same carb but does it have 2 of everything ?

I will have to check the float for cracks.

Measured with the gasket removed with a pair of digital caliper.

I dont know about 2 of everything. Rocky Mt had the full kit (with idle screw and tap etc) for $43 but it has been back ordered 2x now. Motion Pro want $55 plus shipping. Just trying to save a buck for MY pockets not someone else's. Lol

If you can wait till tmrw on the tors elimination kit I will get you all the info (links) you need to save some $..

The cables are I think $15-17 shipped.
The idle screws (last I ordered they were about $5 shipped may be out of stock now though, but still they can be found cheap)

The tap size I cant remember off the top of my head but ill get you that info also.
Drill bit ,, you prob have already..

If you can wait till tmrw on the tors elimination kit I will get you all the info (links) you need to save some $..

The cables are I think $15-17 shipped.
The idle screws (last I ordered they were about $5 shipped may be out of stock now though, but still they can be found cheap)

The tap size I cant remember off the top of my head but ill get you that info also.
Drill bit ,, you prob have already..

I bought the last 1 Vito's had it stock. I think it was $2 more than the 1 at Rocky Mountain. Shipped and on its way. Thank you though