why does my blaster (dubble fire)?

dabarr123

Jan 3, 2014
my blaster is bored 1.50 over stock and have been jetted to a 270 and I have a fell fmf pipe and I an hear it knocking like it is fireing on the up and down stroke and I buy 97 octane fule for it but it still knocks and runs really hot I got the stock airbox with a k&n filter it'd be awesome if someone could tell me what is wrong

It sounds like you are describing a lean condition or pinging. You are probably running way lean.

I have a 660 raptor front end banchee rear end high performance dp racing cluches ..what is chopping the plug and how do I leak test and I only run it in the summer when it 60 to 110 out

it wasn't hard all I did was take a air dermal and cut where the stock a arms went and made the camber so it was at 0% to keep tire wear evan and the banchee rear end kinda just fit like it should be there I can take pics in a few days and post them so you guys can see hot I did it

So back on topic, if you can do mods like that, an air leak test should be simple for you to do. Either buy a tester from Awk08 or build one yourself, thread how-to in DIY section

I have not I was looking at threads about doing it but I have no reason to it's got enough power to spare when it runs right .. I live up on a platue in tn and I don't know how they are stock but when I rebuilt my carb it had a 230 jet in it already and the guy from my local Yamaha said when it is properly jetted that from a idle when it is at normal running temp I should be able to do wide open throttle and it should hesitate a little before the revs go up and they just sky rocket to about 15k in about 3 seconds with no hesitation

I should be able to do wide open throttle and it should hesitate a little before the revs go up and they just sky rocket to about 15k in about 3 seconds with no hesitation

somebodys bullshitting, either you, or your "mechanic"
there's not a blaster on this planet that revs to 15k

Come on AWK. Everybody knows that 660 arms add 7000 rpms
lol. By mods it means on the engine, what air filter, lid or not, reeds, porting, etc. Any thing you do to change airflow in or out of the engine should be addressed by changing jet. leaktest is most important right now tho sounds like.