What jets to run

Sage177

Feb 4, 2015
So I picked up an 03 blaster. It's got a Vito's .40 bore kit, fmf slip on but I'm getting the full pipe, and I run mesh over the air box. The guy I bought it off did not take care of it. I just got done stripping it to frame and making sure everything is tight. I'm down to the carb. It runs great but I want to have the correct jetting what jets should I run? Is there a kit I can buy?

Oh yeah my bad. I ride from about 60f to about 500. And in the summer it's about 70deg and in the winter from 30 to -30deg Fahrenheit.
I'm not too worried about the winter because I don't ride much. But I do like to rip around a little on my street. Is there a jetting that works best in cold weather?

If you ride at all in the really cold weather the jetting should be increased to avoid a lean mixture.

Steer away from jet kits they seldom contain the correct size jets.

Grab a handful of genuine jets #270 through #330, start big and plug chop to confirm.

^^^^yep, do you have a vitos 240 kit or is it bored .40 over, there is a big difference. Is the oil injection still on or is it premix

Well the guy I bought it from said it was the Vito's kit, is there any way to check? It's premix now but I bought the oil tank and I'm makin it back to Injection

If ur cylinder is stock it would say y1 on the side of the intake by the reeds if it is a vitos all there would be is a couple horizontal lines in the casting..they r also silver here is a pic of my Vito 240 cylinder if u zoom in u can c the lines

Attachments

• 20141224_215023.jpg
    20141224_215023.jpg
    1,016.7 KB · Views: 258