Weekend ride in the Rockies

MercMenace

Mountain Man
Apr 27, 2014
Cheyenne, Wy
Couple buddies of mine heading to Medicine bow National Forest. I came up a day ahead to get a good site, and do some tuning and repair. Clutch is in and carb is rejetted for for 28:1 mix and 7500 ft. Little bugger runs like a champ. Just waiting for everyone to get here.
20140620_113117.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous up here. Will update as I can. More pics when back home.

tuned in for pics and ride report
moved thread to wyoming section along with your other one,
so it's easier for others in that area to find

The weekend was amazing. The trails were not really trails. Almost all forestry service roads. That didn't make it any less fun. 80 degree weather, Blue Skies and s**t tons of beer. One of my buddies had to get his Yamaha in the shop for tranny work and David traded his Honda in for a brand new Yamaha 400, so he didn't ride wild due to break in limits. We ended up staying pretty close to camp for the most part. Aside from one mishap with a tree on the last day, everyone loved the Blaster. I gotta say I wish i could have done more distance riding as the views up here are just Spectacular!! There ended up being 8 kids and 5 adults. I will be going up again as soon as I get my bike running well again.

Here we are just arriving at camp. It was the only time it was cloudy. I call this the Redneck Caravan. 1986 Chevy Escaper, 1973 Chevy Pickup Trailer, 1989 Blaster. Wish I could have had a chase car with me to get a pick of this pig on the road. I was in my Wife Beater, Ratty ball cap, Cig in my mouth, arm out the window. Would have made a great X-Mas Card.

Reactions: Blaaster
Yeah I had a great time. Pics will be forth coming. Laurie has them on her camera. Just a matter of getting time to clean them up and upload them.