warrior issues

K

kevin

98 Blasters working fine, it's the warrior acting up now,
Question is this, when I run in low revs, no issues. when I get out into the open and get near top speed, it starts sputtering, previous owner said he had already replaced the carb 2 times with same results. please point me in the right direction. Everyone's advice on my blaster clutch helped so I know you guys can figure this one out for me.

Thanks in advance

i used to have a warrior. is it just like a really high end miss. if so i had the same problem and the valves needed adjusted on mine.

revvvvvvv limiter...... Lol ...it could be the valves need adjusting....is it hard to start in the morning cold an warm weather?? if so the rocker arms are to tight an need to be loosened so it allows the valves to fully seat not lettin any compression out.

Ain't no rev limiter, if you find one on the warrior i'll give you a reward lol.

Is it all stock?

It sounds like a jetting issue to me. When the main jet is too rich they'll do that.

How about the air filter, when was the last time that was cleaned or replaced?

I know there isn't a rev limiter on a warrior i owned one hahaha i was being sarcastic (should have stated that) Lol

It's a 99. as I said, the prev. owner replaced the carb 2 differant times with no differance, it boggs down at high revs. every time. As I am hearing the leading fix is in the valves? It usually starts with little or no problem. It has the stock exhaust. I understand exhaust upgrades warrent the jetting? or is this also an issue with stock.

Other issues can also cause the jetting to be too rich, like if the filter is dirty or the intake is blocked. A simple check is the color on the tip of the spark plug. If its black and sooty youre running rich. Also, you can find your rev limiter under the right fender. It is located right under the muffler bearings and looks similar to a flux capacitor.