vid of my crown vic from real street drags

We just got done swapping an LS1 into a '95 Crown Vic at my shop. This thing absolutely halls for being a Crown Vic.

mine still had all the police issued strobes and lights on it when i got it! wig wags?? roof lights??? mine never had them, mine was a iowa unmarked,
it might not be fast but it does wicked burnouts and donuts...

and if anyone looking to get a ex police car get a 04 and up, more hp, and factory 373 rear end gears, if not 2001-2003 makes about 30 more hp than mine but still has 327 ear end gears ( rear end is a 28 spine 8.8 same as mustang)

i can putt he 04+ p71 intake maf and air box on my car, pi intake and heads off 2001 and up and bolt on 40+ hp

Not to shabby. A little excessive burn out? Assuming you have street tires you just need to spin the water off of them. If even with slicks you just need to spin them usually until white smoke starts coming off of them depending on the compound. Speaking of more hp, I think a DOHC Lincoln motor would be the way to go. I must say I am guilty of a half track burnout with my diesel pickup though...and i launch it in 4 wheel... way too much fun. A buddy has a junk 1996 vic and its a damn blast to beat on and do donuts!

lol iv been drag racing at that track for 10 years.. i know the burnout was excesive my rear tires were pretty well junk so i was just puttin on a show for the crowd

also the transmissions in these cars are pretty much bulit proof!!

if your going to race, arent they boats? lighten her up. my dad had an old 85 or something vic for some reason back about 7 years ago. pretty random, idk why he got it lol.

arent the transmissions in these cars just AODE trannys? They will to hold up to a 4.6 thats for damn sure. Bullet proof would be like a C6, now thats one hell of a unit. All the local tracks around here make it so you have to drive through the water boxes. I dont car what kinda car it is, a huge burnout will always make me smile lol

Not to shabby. A little excessive burn out? Assuming you have street tires you just need to spin the water off of them. If even with slicks you just need to spin them usually until white smoke starts coming off of them depending on the compound. Speaking of more hp, I think a DOHC Lincoln motor would be the way to go. I must say I am guilty of a half track burnout with my diesel pickup though...and i launch it in 4 wheel... way too much fun. A buddy has a junk 1996 vic and its a damn blast to beat on and do donuts!

Whatever you do dont swap to the lincoln DOHC V8 they are junk and your always workin on them, not to mention there an interference engine. sorry if i called you out 85.

4r70w aren't bullit proof at least you have a 99 which they upgraded the valve body i have a 95 i don't know when it gonna go

no its cool toptechkid27 but listen to this. The only difference with the Lincoln motors and the cobra mustang motors are:
The Cobra comes with a forged steel crank using 8 flywheel bolts, the Lincoln comes with a nodular cast iron crank with 6 flywheel bolts.
The Lincoln uses a different oil pan with a reservoir on the side.
The oil filter/water outlet castings are different.
The Intake cams on the Lincoln are a slightly different profile.
The Intake on the Lincoln is different from the one used on the Cobra, although they do use the same cylinder heads and a Cobra intake will bolt on.

Check these out, there all running the dual cam mod motor. Ford modular engine gallery

Before I got my diesel pickup I had a 96 Mark with the DOHC and I never had a problem. I also Had a 94 bird with a sohc motor and had some minor problems. SO I disagree on the 4.6 DOHC motor being junk. All of the mod motors are interference motors I think. I stick to my 385 series Ford motor.....but I gotta ask. What is wrong with the dual cam motors?

They must have changed to the 4R70W about the same time they started putting the modular motors in? I don't know alot about the bigger cars. I know they used to have AODE trannys. My mark and my bird both had the 4R70W and I used to get a flare occasionally when the thunderbird would shift to overdrive, but it lasted the 3 years I beat on it.

Last edited:
the dohc motors are good motors.. hell the 96-98 cobra motor is capable of big big big hp numbers, much hugher than the 302's were, forged internals and there are guys making well over 1000 hp on them motors...

my motor not so much mines the sohc motor but for daily driver i love it, 235 hp 275 torque stock. mines porb a lil higher with the intake and exhuast and tune now, but sh*t, it barks the tires on second gear shifts so i cant complain!!

It seem like I make it to cedar falls once a year to the street legal drag night. Every damn year this guy in a vic is there and just dominates the burnout contest by blowing both of his tires. love it.

at the detailing place i use to work at we use to drive the police interceptor crown vic back to the sheriff station.it was before they put the lights and decals on it.they do some nice burnouts i must say