Triforce bumper concept

fowlrock

So my 95 Blaster rebuild is underway. I've decided on paint and plastics, but I wanted something different for the bumper. Anyone can get the nice, shiny aluminum bumpers (or make them yourself if you are 01BlasterDude), but I wanted something completely original. I've been a zelda fan for years, so why not a triforce bumper?

I'd like constructive criticism on the design. The pictures do make the angles look a little off, but I assure you the angle is straight. I do fully realize the lines from a triangle don't match the lines of a blaster, but once the paint is done I think it will tie in.

More pictures as it progresses, what do you guys think?

And no...the shocks will not stay pink ;)

i like the concept, but its too big and it looks like the bottom corners would catch on stuff very easily. IMO ide say make it about 3/4 to 1/2 that size and it would be sweet.

agreed, 2-3 more inches higher up would solve the clearance issue. +1 for the creativity though

Hope you don't crash with that, there's a reason why everything you see is rounded corners, broken bones are one thing, pierced organs are a whole new ball game... cool idea, just dont think it looks really safe and you wouldnt catch me riding with it.

Yeah agreed with regal, its defiantly a cool design but just like everyone said about the size, you catch a rock or something bumpy, and that bumper hits, or even clips something, your screwed but i like it!

just make it a tad smaller and round your corners and id say your golden! you can still get the same effect just not the points

looks cool but, you like to make sure if when someone falls on it, they will get owned lol. really sharp, looks more dangerous that your first one lol. but i guess you just wont fall on it right?

perspective on the third picture is off in terms of depth. The size from right to left is almost the exact same size of 01BlasterDude's custom aluminum bumper. He held it up in front of his by about 5 inches just to see what it would look like. Go to the BOTM section for July, look at the size of 01BlasterDude's, then tell me if you think its too big.